Sunday, September 27, 2009

TV Obsessions

So I'm currently obsessed with a record number of tv shows in the fall season. It doesn't really matter the genre, I love The Rachel Zoe Project ("I die, I die") and Fringe pretty much equally. I guess the only thing that they have in common is that they allow me to experience a world that I would otherwise never see,like in Fringe's case, alternate universes. On the other hand, for me L.A. might as well be an alternate reality so my theory can still hold up in court. Anyway... the obsession of the day was the 2 hour season premiere of Grey's Anatomy. I've literally been watching this show since season 1 episode 1. While I think that most of the characters' plotlines are ridiculous ( C'mon, when in real life can a "George" get with Izzie, Meredith, Callie AND Lexie?? That's just unlikely and semi-incestuous), I still find myself tuning in every week.
Well even though everyone knew that T.R. Knight was leaving, I still was unprepared for the emotional roller-coaster that this grief-theme episode would put me on. Why, you ask? Number 1 because I'm a crazy , number 2 because for once all of the characters had an opportunity to express their version of grief. The token side-plot of the patient was so-so, just another girl who got her arms amputated by a speedboat propeller, no biggie. lol
The one thing that I wasn't so much a fan of was the idea that Seattle Grace hospital and Mercy West would be merging and according to Chief Weber, "I can't guarantee a place for anyone." That is such a transparent cliffhanger that it is not even worth the time. Although I guess I understand that it is a device to move the plot forward, I still kinda feel that we all KNOW that the main characters will be staying , so why make a big deal?
Anyway, I'm sorry for you if you aren't familiar with Grey's, but I needed to get that out there. lol.

So long, till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment